::: sunny days are perfect for lace :::
The free Gothic Lace cowl (or scarf) pattern is specifically designed for beginners. It's simple, satisfying and quick - perfect for getting started with lace!
With the free pattern and our in-depth tutorial, you'll learn how to read a chart, how to work lace increases (like yo) and decreases (like ssk, k2tog, and sl1-k2tog-psso).
Don't worry, we included text instructions too, and explained each technique step-by-step!
Lace Knitting Resources :::
We've been busy creating new tutorials, tricks and tips on the blog this past year... and we have a bunch more lace posts planned for the coming months:
- Vivid Blanket Tutorial
- Let's Knit Lace (beginner lace using the Gothic Lace pattern)
- How to Read a Knitting Chart
- How to work lace increases and decreases: yo, ssk, k2tog, sl1-k2tog-psso
- how to block lace (coming soon)
- choosing yarn and needles for lace (coming soon)
- measuring gauge in pattern (coming soon)
- troubleshooting lace... including how to find errors, and rip back fearlessly! (coming soon)
Join us ::: Inspiring our customers to make beautiful, one-of-a-kind knits is our passion. Alexa and Emily created Tin Can Knits to share the love! If you like our work, get our email updates so you don't miss out on new designs, in-depth tutorials and subscriber-only specials.
Looking forward to hearing from you... ♥ Emily and Alexa
FOLLOW US on Pinterest